Strategic Resources Inc. (“Strategic”) will conduct exploration and development activities in a responsible manner that gives priority to recognition and prevention, minimization, or mitigation of potentially negative impacts to the environment, and that protects the health and safety of our employees, contractors, and the residents of local communities.
- Comply with applicable environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations, as well as the best practices of the international mineral exploration industry;
- Manage environmental, health and safety risks and challenges in a proactive manner, through education and the preparation/implementation of appropriate risk minimization and mitigation strategies and plans;
- Maintain healthy and safe working conditions at all of our work sites; communicate consistent expectations for safe, respectful, and appropriate behavior by all Strategic employees and contractors; and, foster awareness of environmental, health, and safety concerns on the part of our entire workforce;
- Design and execute exploration, mitigation, and exploration site restoration plans in a manner that minimizes impacts to local air quality, water resources, biodiversity, and cultural resources;
- Implement clearly established health, safety, and environmental management practices and procedures, and monitor performance as the basis for continuous improvement;
- Endeavor to maximize efficiency in using water, energy, and other resources;
- Strive to minimize the generation of waste and manage its storage and disposal in an appropriate manner; and,
- Devise and implement appropriate emergency preparedness and response plans in collaboration with local authorities and entities.
This policy will apply to all of Strategic’s employees and contractors. It shall be communicated to all of Strategic’s personnel, contractors, and external stakeholders.